Taiwan's Resurgence


TaiPei
Back up on the island of Taiwan where I'm determined to grab a hold of some delectable munchables after a slightly disappointing visit last September. An obvious point that I failed to fully comprehend back in the days of 2oo9 is that it takes more than a few days to sample a sizable representation of an Asian country's cuisine. It takes years. Hundreds and hundreds of dishes + thousands and thousands of places to eat them = You win some you lose some. Taipei has endless eating spots...I can only do my best to shave that iceburg tip. So far so good, children. Here's a winner from a couple days ago, introduced to me by host Mike 'El Capitan' Corsini.



The making of 牛肉捲餅 [beef wrap]. Can you feel it?


Photobucket
The chewy 'n crispy scallion-laced dough is stuffed with thin slices of boiled beef shank, a hoisin-like sauce, cucumber and a green onion stalk or two. No doubt a filler-upper, this snack's single-handily responsible for over 17,000 muffin-tops in Taipei alone.



Stay Caloric.

3 comments:

Mel said...

Looks good. I'm sure you've seen "Eat Drink Man Woman"? That movie made me want to go to Taipei simply to eat.

Karen said...

O that wrap is one of my favorites treats!! Sooooo delicious!

mina said...

Speaking of muffin tops, a month in NYC has turned me into a blimp.

This picture isn't particularly helping my dieting endeavors.

P.S. love the nee header

~LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...